13 Outfit tips for Oversized Women on a Beach Trip
Summer is almost here, and you’re getting ready to pack for a beach getaway. You’ve got the sunscreen, the flip-flops, and the frisbee. All that’s left is to figure out what to wear!
But this can be tricky if you’re an oversized woman who doesn’t want her clothes showing off your curves while everyone else sits around in their bikinis.
We’ve put together some outfit tips specifically for women with big builds so that you can go on vacation without feeling like a fashion faux pas (or worse!).
- Don’t wear tight or fitted clothing: This is a no-brainer, but it’s especially true if you’re packing for an oversized woman on the beach! You want to minimize the appearance of your size so that you don’t stick out like a sore thumb when everyone else is wearing breezy maxi dresses and cutoffs.
- Layer with loose-fitting pieces: Loose fitting clothes are key because they look more flattering than ever before oversize women who prefer form-fitting styles (like we do). Try pairing lightweight fabrics in different lengths—such as denim shorts paired with a long cotton skirt—to add texture to your outfit while still being light enough to pack!
- Wear a one-piece bathing suit or bikini to avoid exposing your stomach: We know that it’s been a while since you’ve had to worry about this, but now is the time! The last thing anyone wants on vacation is for their stomach rolls to be exposed. You can also opt for a sarong style dress if you’re feeling more modest.
- Cover your arms with an oversized shirt or sweater: To avoid exposing too much of your chest, wear an oversize shirt (think loose-fitting tee) and layer it with a cropped cardigan. This will also help ward off any pesky mosquitoes from biting at those bare spots we all have in the summertime!
- Keep sandals close by so they’re accessible when you need them: Sandal season never ends—emerge triumphant with major style points as soon as the sun sets. You can’t go wrong pairing these neutral footwear pieces with anything! Try to carry sandals that are easy to slip on and off.
- Bring your favourite summertime scent for a radiant glow: No matter how much you scrub yourself down at the beach, there’s no better feeling than coming home with that fresh-from-the-ocean smell (even if it’s just from your body). Make sure you bring enough of whatever perfume you like to apply to your pulse points throughout the day so you can feel like a goddess.
- Layering will keep you cool and stylish: On a breezy summer evening, it’s best to layer up with an oversized sweater or cardigan. It’ll help you stay warm—and make for the perfect outfit when sitting around a bonfire on your vacation!
- Invest in some good swimwear: A huge part of having fun at the beach is splashing around in seawater waves. Make sure that whatever bathing suit style you choose has adjustable straps so that you can feel comfortable and supported all day long.
- Bring plenty of sunscreens: Your friends will be looking at lots of pictures in the coming weeks, and they want to see how tan you are! But you can keep the tans to a minimum if you’re vigilant about your sun protection. It’s safe to say that good sunscreen is one of the most important things to pack for a beach trip—just make sure it doesn’t have any harsh fragrances!
- Don’t forget hats: There are so many cute and stylish options out there, but they also serve different purposes. Make sure to choose hats that go perfectly with your outfit, provide ample coverage for your face and neck, offer UV protection from the sun’s rays that can lead to skin cancer.
- Wear comfortable shoes: Even though sandals look gorgeous—especially with an oversized outfit on—they can actually cause back pain over time. To avoid this discomfort while still wearing cute clothes, opt for flat or ballerina-style flip-flops instead. That way, your feet won’t give out before dinner has even been served!
- Pack clothes that are comfortable, easy to wear, and don’t show sweat or dirt easily: You don’t want to be the person wearing white who’s left with sand in her hair and an outfit full of sweat stains. Also, if you want to try a bikini suit and walk with confidence, get the best boob tape that gives a cool outline to your body and enhances your overall appearance.
- Pack light: Bring a suitcase that you can carry onto the plane, but don’t overpack: This is important for your back health, as well as so that you’re not lugging around extra luggage on vacation. For clothes like skirts or dresses- which are great because they take up less space than trousers—try rolling them tightly instead of folding them straight down (this will reduce wrinkles).
To make sure there’s enough room for all these outfits without taking up too much precious suitcase weight, choose items made from lightweight fabrics such as linen and chiffon.
We know that you must be excited yet worried about what to pack on your trip. With the following tips, you will be able to have a stress-free and successful packing experience!